Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung! Jetzt klicken &handeln! Willst du auch an der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:

Freitag, Dezember 21, 2007

Sound, Linux and Intel High definition audio

Well, I recently changed my Mainboard and so changed my Soundchip. There's one thing that terrified me. I wanted to play Nexuiz and the sound stuttered like mad. So I digged around in the Interwebs and found exactly nothing. But I fixed it, that was simple.

If you have the following soundchip the same procedure may apply to your linux distro:

# lspci -v
...
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Unknown device 7238
...


The Mainboard is an MSI P965 Platinum and what fixed my issue was the following.
  1. Close all applications that use sound
    (you may find the bastards that keep the device open by issuing the following command: lsof|grep snd)
  2. remove the snd_hda_intel module from your kernel (rmmod snd_hda_intel)
  3. modprobe it again but include a parameter: modprobe snd_hda_intel position_fix=1
    (The value for position_fix may vary on your platform, so test all values between 0 and 3)
  4. Check if the sound works now, if it does append the following line to your /etc/modprobe.conf
    options snd_hda_intel position_fix=1
  5. Fixed!
Well that's it and my sound works good again. This change is only necessary if you want to run games, music with amarok and co work without it too.

Eingestellt von dunkelstern

Labels: , , , ,
Neuerer Post Älterer Post Startseite